A Conference & Events Billing Apprentice will fully support the Conference & Events department by handling invoices for GC&E Events including deposits, commissions and third party invoices related to GC&E as well as Accounts Receivable for all GC&E related events.
What will I be doing?
Sales and Customer Focus
- Show proactive approach with clients in an appropriate manner
- Fast and correct reply to customer in regards to all invoicing related questions and queries in an appropriate manner
- Have a personal impact, taking responsibility and using initiative to resolve issues in direct communication with the C&E and accounting department
- Preparing and chasing of deposit payments for all GC&E Events
- Daily check of all group masters and house accounts handled by GC&E
- Handling GC&E invoices and payments based on Hilton Standards and confirmed contracts
- Preparation of all group masters and house accounts in order to be checked out within the deadline of 3 days
- Initiate and process corrections / allowances after approval from GC&E Manager
- Collect outstanding amounts to ensure a positive cash flow for the hotel
- Handling GC&E commission and other third party invoice received in cooperation with GC&E and process to Accounting
- Ensure that necessary information in regards to overdue GC&E accounts is supplied to the proper person for follow up, inform the Finance Manager / GC&E Manager and GM
- Well organized, accurate, and analytical work behavior with close attention to detail in direct cooperation with GC&E
Team work & Communication
- Proactive direct contact and communication with all departments to ensure postings are correct and invoices are done correctly
- Constant communication and cooperation with the GC&E team to guarantee full guest satisfaction and quick handling in regards to billing matters
- Proactive approach with GC&E, F&B, Accounting, Front Desk and operational teams to ensure correct billing procedure
- Take part in all credit meetings with full preparation of outstanding house accounts and group master from C&E
- Optimal communication and co-operation with all other departments, in particular F&B, Front Desk, Individual Reservations and Accounting.
- Take part in Communication Meetings on a regular basis.
- Approach the GC&E supervisor in confidence if any problems arise.
- Always co-operate with colleagues and supervisors within C&E and accounting
- Participation in meetings and training courses