In this internship role, you will learn about sustainability and will have the chance to work with the sustainable fish that is the main of our business model. According to the duration of your internship and your skills, you will rotate through all sushi stations mastering rice production, fish breakdown and preparation, signature rolls, sashimi, nigiri, and chef specials in a high-volume sushi bar atmosphere where you may also be responsible for ensuring welcoming, friendly and interactive hospitality and service to Sushi Bar guests.
• Position Available: 4 Sushi Chefs
• Location: Training in Portland, Oregon.
• Duration: 12 months
• Start Date: all the year.
• Stipend: $15 per hour pre-tax. Eligible to also receive tips after fully trained on all sushi station
• Mandatory: High English level. Candidates for the Sushi Chef role ideally have at least 1-3 years of sushi experience with strong knife skills.
• Hours: 40 hours / week
• Other conditions: Uniform and 1 meal. Overtime rate (1.5 x hourly) will apply for any hours worked over 40 in a week (Wed-Tues). Meal discounts at Bamboo Sushi and QuickFish locations. Discounts at partner organizations such as Portland Japanese Garden. Restaurants are closed 10 days per year for holiday (New Years Day, January 2, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day, Day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day)
Ciclo Formativo de Grado Superior