POSITION TITLE: FRONT DESK AGENT
Brand new stylish and modern Boutique Guesthouse with 20 rooms in the hearth of Poble Sec is looking for passionate, warm and outgoing team members.
Education: Hospitality or Tourism related studies preferred. Well developed communication and customer relations skills. Fluent in Spanish and English, other languages are a plus.
Experience: Must demonstrate a proactive, positive approach to work. Previous Front Office experience preferred.
Delivering a great guest experience, our Front Desk Agent will represent the hotel with initiative, commitment and a meticulous attention to detail throughout all stages of the guest's stay.
FRONT DESK AGENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Contributes to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
● Understands and operates Hotel´s Property Management System.
● Knows how to use front office equipment.
● Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates, as well as other services of the property
● Possesses a working knowledge of reservations procedures. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
● Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
● Registers guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
● Identifies different types of guests and their needs, providing an anticipatory service and exceeding their expectations.
● Tries to offer personalized service to each and every guest.
● Provides high level of customer service and maintains a high profile in the day to day front office operations.
● Accurately performs all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures
● Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices, selling rooms and other services of the hotel
● Has a proper knowledge of the surrounding area in order to assist guests with their queries
● Works as part of a team and communicates with other departments to ensure excellent quality and service
● Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by communicating of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins and special requests.
● Reads and keeps the pass-on log updated. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
● Performs cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, billing and invoice settlement, etc
● Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
● Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously, handling guest complaints with interest, concern and empathy.
● Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Ciclo Formativo de Grado Superior