Small World Cafe Restaurant
We are a popular all-day restaurant serving a wide range of casual international cuisine.
We are seeking an experienced Head Chef to lead our existing kitchen team.
You will need to have at least 5 years' experience in a busy kitchen and have EU right to work documentation.
English is our preferred language in the kitchen but also a good understanding of Spanish is preferred. (Fluent English & high levels of Spanish to ensure full communication with owners, operations managers & suppliers)
• Help in the preparation and design of all food menus
• Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
• Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Construct menus ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
• Plan or Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately & complete monthly stock takes.
• Order equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
• Request for repairs when necessary
• Be fully in charge of managing and training kitchen staff
• Oversee the work of subordinates
• Prepare rotas according to the requirements of the business
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
• Make arrangements to store food items in a safe and orderly manner
• Rotate all food items on a FIFO basis ( First In First Out)
• Maintain kitchen order by ensuring cleanliness of tables, counters and work areas
• Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen equipment and utensils